WHO SAYS?!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHO SAYS?!

UPDATE!!!! THE SITE HAS BEEN RE-VAMPED AND RE-ORGANIZED! Talk about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING on here all you want! Join in on the fun! Who Says?! You do!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» the power of meditation retreats
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 12:04 am by samanthaalexis

» AUGUST 21, 2013 NEWSLETTER IF YOU MISSED IT...
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 3:01 am by DeathBlooms

» *IMPORTANT!* WHO SAYS?! WEB ADDRESS HAS CHANGED! *PLEASE READ!*
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 4:24 am by DeathBlooms

» RACHEL LIVINGSTON'S PARANORMAL BLOG: CHECK IT OUT: SHARE YOUR STORIES!
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 10:08 pm by DeathBlooms

» NEWSLETTER FOR JULY 16, 2013
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 8:52 pm by DeathBlooms

» Comet Ison, Nostradamus, and the St. Malachy prophesy
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 10:49 am by Finklebean

» HUGE UPDATE 5/19/12
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 10:04 am by Finklebean

» What Are You Thinking Right NOW?!
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 1:28 am by DeathBlooms

» What is Abnromal Psychology?
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 10:43 am by DTRave

» He Plays...He Remembers
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 5:01 pm by DeathBlooms

» WHO IS YOUR HERO(S)?
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 5:00 pm by DeathBlooms

» Are you bored? I think I am too. :)
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 4:59 pm by DeathBlooms

» SuperPowers!!!
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 2:53 am by DTRave

» Right to own guns (Gun control)
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 2:43 am by DTRave

» THE CONTACT FIELD
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 5:06 am by DeathBlooms

» THE FORUM RULES: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!!!!
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 1:55 pm by DeathBlooms

» NOVEMBER 24, 2012 NEWSLETTER: UPDATED! (IN CASE YOU DIDN'T CHECK YOUR E-MAIL)
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 5:38 am by DeathBlooms

» DID YOU FORGET YOUR PASSWORD?? AND MORE? HELP HERE!
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 2:50 am by DeathBlooms

» WANT TO REGISTER? HERE IS HOW YOU DO IT!
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 1:00 am by DeathBlooms

» OCT 2012 NEWSLETTERS (IN CASE YOU DIDN'T CHECK YOUR EMAIL)
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 8:57 pm by DeathBlooms

» *NEW!* WHO SAYS?! BANNERS!
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 1:03 am by DeathBlooms

» You Tube Video of Strange Creatures
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 1:02 pm by DeathBlooms

» Which Natural Disaster do You Fear the Most?
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 2:37 am by DeathBlooms

» DMT - The Spirit Molecule
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 2:35 am by DeathBlooms

» The ultimate Reality
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 12:30 am by AgentOfOblivion

» wave function collapse
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 12:24 am by AgentOfOblivion

» Right to Die (Euthanasia, assisted suicide)
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 12:15 am by AgentOfOblivion

» Where did the good ol' Rock and Roll go?
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 11:46 pm by AgentOfOblivion

» Show some love
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 10:20 pm by bcole26

» MORE WHO SAYS INFO: FACEBOOK GROUP AND MORE.
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 8:47 pm by DeathBlooms

» you are amazing
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 8:15 pm by DeathBlooms

» One day Left
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 7:46 pm by DeathBlooms

» Biphobia!!!
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 3:11 pm by Finklebean

» The "Like" Button
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 5:24 pm by DeathBlooms

» Songs you want played at your funeral.
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 4:16 am by Lacrima Mortis

» Your Favorite Serial Killer
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 2:11 am by bcole26

» HAUNTED ALTON ILLINOIS
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 11:55 pm by DeathBlooms

» A Few Haunted Places
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 11:38 pm by DeathBlooms

» New Category 9/25/2012
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 11:14 pm by DeathBlooms

» Some Paranormal Terms And Their Meanings
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 11:09 pm by DeathBlooms

» Some Words Associated With The Occult And Their Meanings
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 11:07 pm by DeathBlooms

» (POLL) Do You Love Halloween? And Do You Dress Up Every Year???
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 11:37 pm by DeathBlooms

» Extraterrestrial Contact Can Be Attained Through Human's Consciousness?
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 6:45 am by DeathBlooms

» Poem: Pieces
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:56 am by DeathBlooms

» Movies that scare the crap out of you!
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 1:33 am by bcole26

» GOB - The Band
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 10:42 pm by DeathBlooms

» Pig Mask Dream 9/20/2012
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 1:40 am by DeathBlooms

» Spiritual Sight/Awarness - Pattern & Frequency Of 852 Hz
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 1:05 am by DeathBlooms

»  Human cloning
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 11:28 pm by DeathBlooms

» Children prosecuted as adults
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 11:04 pm by DeathBlooms

» How to upload pictures in Gallery
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 8:47 am by DeathBlooms

» Killing in Self Defense
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 8:24 am by DeathBlooms

» WHERE?????
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 8:15 am by DeathBlooms

» LALALA What song...
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 8:02 am by DeathBlooms

» I'M SO EXCITED!!! I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT! I THINK I LIKE IT!
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 am by DeathBlooms

» The Obsolete
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 2:33 am by DeathBlooms

» What was Your High School Label?
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 2:27 am by DeathBlooms

» Ridiculous Definitions
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 2:23 am by DeathBlooms

» Name a Band Game
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 9:00 pm by DeathBlooms

» The Violent Youth
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:56 pm by DeathBlooms

» Cow 'stuck in a tree' in dramatic rescue by Cumbria firemen
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:54 pm by DeathBlooms

» Conspiracy Theorists Believe World Bank is Evil: What do you think of this??
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:52 pm by DeathBlooms

» The Wolf is My Brother
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 6:31 am by DTRave

» Who do you want as president?
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 2:19 pm by DeathBlooms

» Favorite TV Shows
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 2:17 pm by DeathBlooms

» Mail....!!!!
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 11:29 pm by DeathBlooms

» Do you vote?
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 5:30 pm by DeathBlooms

» global warming real or not?
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 3:00 pm by DTRave

» Create "Rejected" Childrens Book Titles Game
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 2:50 pm by DTRave

» Drunken redneck lullaby
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 7:49 pm by DTRave

» Rachel Livingston's Tats
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 1:29 pm by DeathBlooms

» Execution of the mentally ill
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 6:54 am by DTRave

» POEM: Human
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 6:41 am by DTRave

» QUESTIONS??? AND CONTACT.
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 2:55 pm by DeathBlooms

» Crazy Camping Time
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:17 pm by DeathBlooms

» INSIDES (POEM)
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 5:40 pm by DeathBlooms

» Your Posting Ranks
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 4:56 pm by DeathBlooms

» I'm all alone
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 4:55 pm by DeathBlooms

» WORST FEARS!
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 4:50 pm by DeathBlooms

» Hospital Bed
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 4:38 pm by DeathBlooms

» NASA claims 2012 fears are unfounded
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 4:14 pm by DeathBlooms

» Eastern Washington hole is shrouded in mystery
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 4:11 pm by DeathBlooms

» Have You Ever
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 3:40 pm by DeathBlooms

» Hug And Slap
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 3:39 pm by DeathBlooms

» Miley Cyrus Smoking Pot
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 3:03 pm by DeathBlooms

» What's You Favorite Decade(S) of Music?
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 3:02 pm by DeathBlooms

» Hello to all the Members here this iis my Intro Post.
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 1:26 am by DTRave

» Scientist Says Immortality Only 20 Years Away
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 9:16 pm by DeathBlooms

» It's always sunny in Philadelphia
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 5:55 pm by DeathBlooms

» What gets on your nerves?
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 5:19 pm by DeathBlooms

» Skinned Alive
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 5:41 pm by DeathBlooms

» Drowning (poem)
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:43 am by DeathBlooms

» Who Says?! Layout has been updated 7/22/12
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:34 am by DeathBlooms

» THE NEVER ENDING STORY
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 1:23 am by fr3akinther00m

» Important Notice: Please Read ASAP
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 11:06 pm by DeathBlooms

» FISHIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 8:46 pm by DeathBlooms

» SUPER EARTH: Scientists discover life-supporting planet 'right at Earth's front door'
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 5:22 pm by DeathBlooms

» If you could go ANYWHERE
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 3:20 am by DeathBlooms

» Knocking on wood
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 3:15 am by DeathBlooms

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 649 on Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:58 pm
Top posters
DeathBlooms (1536)
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Vote_lcapSchizophrenia vs the Paranormal Voting_barSchizophrenia vs the Paranormal Vote_rcap 
fr3akinther00m (330)
Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Vote_lcapSchizophrenia vs the Paranormal Voting_barSchizophrenia vs the Paranormal Vote_rcap 
senor_ding_dong (278)
AngelofMercy (175)
Finklebean (166)
chellbilly (103)
michael (70)
AgentOfOblivion (53)
Lacrima Mortis (48)
DTRave (38)
Top posting users this month
No user
Top posting users this week
No user
Most active topic starters
DeathBlooms
fr3akinther00m
Finklebean
senor_ding_dong
AgentOfOblivion
michael
AngelofMercy
chellbilly
swamprat
strong elk
Most Viewed Topics
THE FORUM RULES: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!!!!
THE CONTACT FIELD
Floating Ferris Wheel in the Sky
The Truth or Lie Game
THE NEVER ENDING STORY
Hug And Slap
Have You Ever
Name a Band Game
WHO SAYS?! SUPPORTING PROFILES
Create "Rejected" Childrens Book Titles Game
Most active topics
The Truth or Lie Game
The Bad Advice Game
THE NEVER ENDING STORY
The Excuse Game
Have You Ever
Name a Band Game
Make up a lie about the poster above you
Hug And Slap
Create "Rejected" Childrens Book Titles Game
Alien Dreams
Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is samanthaalexis

Our users have posted a total of 2837 messages in 848 subjects
Poll
Do You Love Halloween? And Do You Dress Up Every Year???
 YES and I dress up every year!
 Yes, but I don't dress up every year
 I hate Halloween, I don't dress up
 It's okay but I never really dress up
 Yes but dressing up is not for me
 I just like to kick back and eat candy
View results
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DeathBlooms
Admin
DeathBlooms

Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Empty
PostSubject: Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal   Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 1:23 pm

I was just wondering. If you have seen things (like ghosts for example) how can you tell if it's Schizophrenia or actually witnessing something paranormal. I have seen a lot of things but never diagnosed with Schizophrenia, and I've seen a psychiatrist for years. (I'm bi polar and I suffer an severe anxiety disorder and have had a very traumatic past) But I don't see things all the time but I have seen alot and it seems to run in the women on my mother's side of the family. My mother told me about her (our) family past and how all the women are/were clairvoyant. Ghosts have been a huge part of my life, I was raised with the paranormal.

Anyways, what types of Schizophrenia are there and could Schizophrenic people really be more vulnerable to the paranormal, thus making them seem weird and classified as "crazy"? What if what they are seeing could be real and they just can't handle it and become obsessed and paranoid and actually drive themselves or make themselves nuts or seem nuts? What part of the brain does Schizophrenia reside in? Anyone have links having to do with Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal? I know I don't know much about Schizophrenia, this is why I am asking questions.

And I am also asking because someone I knew had Schizophrenia and hes seen a lot of what would be classified as "paranormal experiences" but at the same time he is not the only witness to these events. Yet he is diagnosed with Schizophrenia but sometimes other people actually see or hear the same thing(s) he does when they are around him. So what's up with that?

Any insight? Links? Where should I begin my research on this? I'm not trying to sound stupid (even though I prob do for even posting this)I'm just trying to get some answers. Please take me seriously even if it's hard to, at least try. Again, I'm just looking for answers. I hope that all made sense. Thanks.

Last edited by DeathBlooms on Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mrs.rachel.livingston
AngelofMercy
Seeker
Seeker
AngelofMercy

PostSubject: Re: Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal   Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:56 am

DeathBlooms wrote:
I was just wondering. If you have seen things (like ghosts for example) how can you tell if it's Schizophrenia or actually witnessing something paranormal. I have seen a lot of things but never diagnosed with Schizophrenia, and I've seen a psychiatrist for years. (I'm bi polar and I suffer an severe anxiety disorder and have had a very traumatic past) But I don't see things all the time but I have seen alot and it seems to run in the women on my mother's side of the family. My mother told me about her (our) family past and how all the women are/were clairvoyant. Ghosts have been a huge part of my life, I was raised with the paranormal.

Anyways, what types of Schizophrenia are there and could Schizophrenic people really be more vulnerable to the paranormal, thus making them seem weird and classified as "crazy"? What if what they are seeing could be real and they just can't handle it and become obsessed and paranoid and actually drive themselves or make themselves nuts or seem nuts? What part of the brain does Schizophrenia reside in? Anyone have links having to do with Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal? I know I don't know much about Schizophrenia, this is why I am asking questions.

And I am also asking because an old friend of my husband's has Schizophrenia and hes seen a lot of what would be classified as "paranormal experiences" but at the same time he is not the only witness to these events. Yet he is diagnosed with Schizophrenia but sometimes other people actually see or hear the same thing(s) he does when they are around him. So what's up with that? He claims the paranormal stalks him. My husband has even seen things around him and my husband is a huge skeptic! He doesn't know what to think about it. Usually if something odd or "paranormal" happens to him he rarely talks about it and when he does he just doesn't want to believe it. But he still knows it happened. Idk he's just like that...anyways I am starting to ramble....

Any insight? Links? Where should I begin my research on this? I'm not trying to sound stupid (even though I prob do for even posting this)I'm just trying to get some answers. Please take me seriously even if it's hard to, at least try. Again, I'm just looking for answers. I hope that all made sense. Thanks.

Hi,
Being a Psych Nurse for 30 odd years (and your Mother LOL)...I've seen a lot of mental illness. Bi Polar illness and Schizophrenia are both chemical disorders of the brain, just like depression. They all deal with an imbalance of neurotransmitters of the brain. If that wasn't so, medications wouldn't help, and they do. Now that said...coming from a family of Psychic women, I also believe that one can have experiences, that have nothing to do with these illnesses. I've had my own hauntings, premonitions, and ghost experiences.I also grew up full of paranormal experiences, and talk. It was considered normal in our family. I think anyone can have these experiences...even people with mental illness. I have even seen cases working with the mentally ill, that I privately thought were possession, and not merely a mental illness. Believe me, I've really seen some spooky things. Actually, I think you are very psychic, and pick up on things, that many wouldn't. I know I do too. I don't think that you have to think that just because you have a mental illness, this precludes you to not having these types of experiences. You had these types of experiences even as a child, before you ever got the diagnosis of Bi Polar. I hate the idea of calling people crazy just because they have a mental illness. That's just a stereo-type that isn't helpful or true. I have Major Depressive Disorder, and don't consider myself crazy, and I don't think anyone with a mental illness should either. So, I guess I just feel that psychic experiences can happen to anyone open to them...the openness to these experiences can be inherited, but can also happen to those who have never had them in their family tree. I think a lot of people depend on their basic 5 senses, and block any of their other senses.
Back to top Go down
DeathBlooms
Admin
DeathBlooms

PostSubject: Re: Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal   Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:49 pm

AngelofMercy wrote:
DeathBlooms wrote:

And I am also asking because an old friend of my husband's has Schizophrenia and hes seen a lot of what would be classified as "paranormal experiences" but at the same time he is not the only witness to these events. Yet he is diagnosed with Schizophrenia but sometimes other people actually see or hear the same thing(s) he does when they are around him. So what's up with that? He claims the paranormal stalks him. My husband has even seen things around him and my husband is a huge skeptic! He doesn't know what to think about it. Usually if something odd or "paranormal" happens to him he rarely talks about it and when he does he just doesn't want to believe it. But he still knows it happened. Idk he's just like that...anyways I am starting to ramble....

Hi,
Being a Psych Nurse for 30 odd years (and your Mother LOL)...I've seen a lot of mental illness. Bi Polar illness and Schizophrenia are both chemical disorders of the brain, just like depression. They all deal with an imbalance of neurotransmitters of the brain. If that wasn't so, medications wouldn't help, and they do. Now that said...coming from a family of Psychic women, I also believe that one can have experiences, that have nothing to do with these illnesses. I've had my own hauntings, premonitions, and ghost experiences.I also grew up full of paranormal experiences, and talk. It was considered normal in our family. I think anyone can have these experiences...even people with mental illness. I have even seen cases working with the mentally ill, that I privately thought were possession, and not merely a mental illness. Believe me, I've really seen some spooky things. Actually, I think you are very psychic, and pick up on things, that many wouldn't. I know I do too. I don't think that you have to think that just because you have a mental illness, this precludes you to not having these types of experiences. You had these types of experiences even as a child, before you ever got the diagnosis of Bi Polar. I hate the idea of calling people crazy just because they have a mental illness. That's just a stereo-type that isn't helpful or true. I have Major Depressive Disorder, and don't consider myself crazy, and I don't think anyone with a mental illness should either. So, I guess I just feel that psychic experiences can happen to anyone open to them...the openness to these experiences can be inherited, but can also happen to those who have never had them in their family tree. I think a lot of people depend on their basic 5 senses, and block any of their other senses.

Wow I really like your reply!! Very Happy Thanks mom Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mrs.rachel.livingston
RemyD

PostSubject: Re: Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal   Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 5:57 pm

I too have seen both in full swing, or at least I am pretty sure that the person was possessed. That being said the idea of a spirit, or demon, possessing someone seems to hang around people that tend to seem off in some way or another. I think that this is partly because to a demon this is fun. They get to hurt the person more, and all the people that are associated with that person ignore it for a very long time. Then when it becomes too much they just send the person off to "get help".

Typically the people that I have spoken with that have Schizophrenia seem much calmer than the few people that I have spoken with that I have felt were possessed. Of course one was very obvious as there were a multitude speaking at once through one person's voice. Very creepy. Possession typically looks more like Multiple Personality Disorder. IMHO...

All of the above can be equally scary for all people involved. I think it is wise not to discredit one before another without ample proof and faith that the diagnosis is fair and correct.
Back to top Go down
AngelofMercy
Seeker
Seeker
AngelofMercy

PostSubject: Re: Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal   Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 12:32 pm

I remember a few times in my career as a psych nurse thinking that my client was possessed, and not just mentally ill. There was a lady who was in for post par tum psychosis. She was so wild we had to restrain her. She was making the most creepy sounds...guttural growling sounds, that it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. She would use different voices when she spoke....the suddenly she lapsed into an unconscious state....When she woke it was like she was normal again, and couldn't remember any of what had transpired....very weird.
Back to top Go down
RemyD

PostSubject: Re: Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal   Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 2:54 pm

Holly I am very thankful there are people like you who can handle such situations. Me personally I would be the next one admitted if I had to see so much sadness...
Back to top Go down
AngelofMercy
Seeker
Seeker
AngelofMercy

PostSubject: Re: Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal   Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 1:17 am

Thank you RemyD It has always been a fascinating area for me. The mind is so interesting, and though it's veyr sad sometimes, it also has it's rewards.....BTW are you my nephew Jeremy?
Back to top Go down
senor_ding_dong
Night Owl
Night Owl
senor_ding_dong

PostSubject: Re: Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal   Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 2:14 am

AngelofMercy wrote:
DeathBlooms wrote:

Hi,

You hit the nail on the head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal   Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Schizophrenia vs the Paranormal
Page 1 of 1